Craving Gravy or Love in the Time of Cannibalism
A post-apocalyptic romantic comedy that tells the tale of two wanderers, Gilroy and Delroy, as they journey through a wasteland of meaning. Their search for sustenance, however, yields something far more magical than the four food groups as they discover hope and divinity in each other.
- David Mark Cohen Award for Playwriting: Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival, Washington, DC;
- Austin Critic’s Table Award, “Outstanding Original Script”.
“A small epic of endings and beginnings.... Walch’s writing is crisp and full of clever wordplay and bandiage, with a wealth of bizarre incidents. An exciting new play.”—Willamette Week (Portland, Oregon)
Production and Development History
- Ground Zero Theatre Company, Dallas, TX
- The Other Side Theatre, Portland, OR
- University of Texas @ Austin, Austin, TX.
- Urban Stages, NYC
- WordBRIDGE Playwrights Lab