Apply for Residency
New Submissions Window: August 1 - September 1
THE SUBMISSIONS WINDOW FOR THIS YEAR HAS CLOSED
New Dramatists has overhauled its admissions process and revised the guidelines accordingly. Please read all the information on this page and download the guidelines document below. If you have any questions, please email us.
The procedure has been amended in the following ways:
• The process is now completely paperless;
• Applicants apply through a module on our recently redesigned website;
• We are no longer accepting letters of recommendation;
• The first round of reading will be conducted without names attached to the plays, i.e. “blind” reading;
• The new submission window is August 1-September 1.
To begin your application, click on the “Begin Application” button below. You will be asked to create a username and enter your email address. Once you have clicked “Submit”, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log in. From this point forward, you will be guided through a simple process that will collect all of your admissions materials in six easy steps:
1. Log in. You will be asked to confirm you are a US Citizen, or that you have permanent INS work authorization.
2. Fill in your full name, address, and phone number.
3. Type or copy your Statement of Interest directly into the text field.
4. Upload your bio, resume, or CV; or copy your bio directly into the text field.
5. Upload each of your two plays (the following files may be used: txt, pdf, doc, docx, rtf).
6. Review your application, and click “Submit Your Application” to complete the process. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
You may save your application at any point and return to it later before submitting. Once the application window closes at 11:59 p.m. on September 1, you may not alter your application in any way.
If you have any questions, please email us.
|2012-13 Admissions Guidelines (38 KB)|